How to Install New Cloths
Installing New CGR Filter Cloth:
- On plates having a center feed eye it will be necessary to fold the cloth on one side into a small section so that it can be inserted through the center feed eye.
- Once the cloth is pulled through the eye, it can be unfolded for caulking.
- Caulking (pressing the cloth cord into the groove) is best accomplished using a caulking hammer and wedge.
- The caulking hammer has a hollow, rubber head which is filled with shot to eliminate rebound during hammering.
- First position the cloth over the cloth groove and hammer the cloth cord into the groove.
- Then position a plastic caulking wedge on the cloth cord and seat the cord fully into the groove with the hammer and wedge.
Installing New Non-Gasketed Filter Cloth:
- Fold and roll cloth on one side into a small section so that it can be inserted through the center feed eye.
- Once the cloth is pulled through, it can be unfolded and installed over the cloth pins on top of plate.
- Most types and sizes of cloth will be supplied with holes and/or grommets along the vertical sides for the installation of small plastic cable wire ties to correctly position the cloth.
521 W Wrightwood Ave
Elmhurst, IL 60126